Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Our Next Step - Hosting for a School Year!

We had so much fun getting to know RoDan and his culture...to my surprise my Handsome came home with a phone number for a school year length host program!  We prayed about it, talked and prayed more.  We both decided to go forward.  I really felt God urging us forward and to open our hearts even more!  This time we were open to a teen that wasn’t a Christian!  What a better way to bring the mission field to us!  What a better way to erase differences and misunderstanding between countries and religions.  What an awesome way to “Walk the Talk” and be examples for our children.  We were about to erase misunderstanding for us too.  We were about to welcome home a new son for a whole school year!  We had a couple things that were firm for our family and our new son.  First he must be willing to go to Church with us weekly and he must be a part of the family not a guest…that means chores, dinner with the family and work hard at getting good grades. 

I made the phone call.  The coordinator said she had one boy from Saudi Arabia, her last to place.  Would I be willing to host him?  Yes as long as he is willing to go to Church with our family.  She opened up her paperwork on him to see how he marked that question.  Yes!  He said he was willing to go to Church!  She took about 10 minutes to share some information about our new son (Omar) with me.  The next step was to get approved with this program.  We got a phone call from another coordinator that she would be our coordinator and would like to come interview us.  About 10 days later we got a package welcoming us to the program and all the paperwork on our new son!  I was so excited….and nervous.  I read every word of what they sent us.  I looked up Saudi Arabia, muslim and anything related online to prepare myself to be a good mom for Omar.  I found out he can’t eat pork.  I learned to read labels and look things up online to make sure it was kosher.  To my surprise I got a lot of good information on Jewish Kosher websites. 

Now to get his room ready.  A sweet friend gave us a bed for that room when we had another family member come stay with us.  Another friend gave us a night stand.  We had a dresser already in the room…what was left?  I wanted him to have a little style for his room.  So a new bed set was in order.  Now what colors??  I took our oldest to the store with me.  We walked thru the Target bedding for over an hour.  I didn’t want to get something he would hate.  The curtains are red, the high school colors are red and black…so I settled on a red and black bed in the bag.  I got him 3 new pillows and hangers.  Now the room was ready.  But are we? 

No comments:

Post a Comment